Our mission is “Joining Children on their Spiritual Journey.” The purpose of KidStep is to intentionally focus on ways that we can help children from birth through fifth grade take next steps of faith.
Click here for the latest newsletter for KidStep Children's Ministry.
Enjoy the Sabbath together as a family with our Sunday morning videos.
Videos will be available Sundays at 8 AM.
All KidStep kids will be promoted to their next class on Sunday, September 12. If your child should not be promoted to the next grade, please email KidStep to let us know. Additionally, if your child is enrolled in Kindergarten, please kindly let us know.
Say Yes to Serving with KidStep
We are looking to fill a number of positions in KidStep in order to open all of our classrooms this fall. We encourage you to Say Yes and consider where God may be directing you to serve.
If you love holding babies and ministering to the youngest of our church family, we would love to have you serve in the nursery. The nursery serves kids from birth through 2 years old. Volunteer commitment is either once a month or every other week.
Our preschool kids are full of energy and love to dance and sing. If you love playing with toys and seeing these kids' smiles, then preschool ministry is the place for you. The preschool serves kids from 2 years old through pre-K. Volunteer commitment is every other week.
Our elementary students are beginning to ask deeper questions about faith and life, and you have an opportunity to share what it means to be on this journey of following Jesus. The elementary serves kids from kindergarten through 5th grade. Volunteer commitment is every other week.
Volunteer to welcome families and check kids into their classrooms either once a month or every other week.
Love to work with kids but Sundays don’t fit your schedule? We’d love to have you serve in Moms Connect, which typically meets two Wednesdays a month from 9:30 to 11:15. This is a vital ministry for moms with kids birth - 5 years of age. We are looking for several volunteers to serve with children’s programming while the moms connect and learn more about God.
If you are interested in serving once or twice a month, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to talk through the options that are available!
What to expect in-person Sunday ministry to look like:
- Registration: Class sizes are limited. If a class is full and you want to be added to our waitlist or if you can no longer attend, please email KidStep.
- Check-In: When your family arrives on Sunday morning, have one parent come to the check-in station at the Orange Lobby outside the Kidstep Tower. This is the only check-in station for all children. At the registration table a name tag will be given to each child and you will receive the matching pick-up tag. A guide will escort children to their classroom using a one-way traffic pattern. Parents will not be allowed into the KidStep tower.
- During Service: Children will stay in their assigned classroom throughout the entire service. Our desire is for KidStep to continue to be a place for children to go deeper with Jesus, so during the service they will participate in worship, spiritual formation activities, a Bible lesson, and a craft. Children will have their own basket of supplies to be used throughout the morning. Our preschoolers will also be given the opportunity to have some free play with toys that have been sanitized before use. There will be no snacks served at this time.
- Pick Up: When the service is over, one parent will return to the Orange Lobby registration table with the pick-up tag. Our team will then use a radio call system to alert classroom guides to bring your child back to you. We will match your pick-up tag to their name tag and, once verified, will release your child to your care.
- Wellness Policy: Now, more than ever, we will be adhering strictly to our wellness policy. Should your child have any of these symptoms 24 hours before Sunday morning, email KidStep to let us know you will not be coming to church. If anyone in your household contracts COVID-19, please notify KidStep immediately. When we are made aware of such a situation, we will keep the family details in confidence and we will notify all families who had potential exposure. The KidStep tower will be closed until CDC cleaning and disinfecting guidelines have been fulfilled.
There will be no KidStep Elementary on Sunday, September 5.