Our mission is “Joining Children on their Spiritual Journey.” The purpose of KidStep is to intentionally focus on ways that we can help children from birth through fifth grade take next steps of faith.
Click here for the latest newsletter for KidStep Children's Ministry.
Enjoy the Sabbath together as a family with our Sunday morning videos.
Videos will be available Sundays at 8 AM.
- Effective May 14, Hershey Free lifted the mask mandate inside the building. Hershey Free is saying that applies to kids through adults, which means each parent is given the choice for their KidStep kid to wear a mask to their KidStep class or not. Our volunteers and staff are given the same choice, so you will see some who are masked and others who will choose not to wear one.
- Beginning Sunday, June 6, KidStep will remove social distancing in the classrooms as well as temperature checks during check in. Hand sanitizer will still be available at the check in table and registration will still be required.
- This fall, we are planning to transition kids from the KidStep tower, back into individual wings (nursery, preschool, and elementary), with check-in and check-out being at individual classrooms. We also plan to reopen the nursery this fall! However, to do this, we need quite a few volunteers. Would you consider serving once or twice a month in KidStep to ensure we can keep KidStep classes open? Please email KidStep to find out more information and volunteer!
What to expect in-person Sunday ministry to look like:
- Registration: Class sizes are limited. If a class is full and you want to be added to our waitlist or if you can no longer attend, please email KidStep.
- Check-In: When your family arrives on Sunday morning, have one parent come to the check-in station at the Orange Lobby outside the Kidstep Tower. This is the only check-in station for all children. At the registration table a name tag will be given to each child and you will receive the matching pick-up tag. A guide will escort children to their classroom using a one-way traffic pattern. Parents will not be allowed into the KidStep tower.
- During Service: Children will stay in their assigned classroom throughout the entire service. Our desire is for KidStep to continue to be a place for children to go deeper with Jesus, so during the service they will participate in worship, spiritual formation activities, a Bible lesson, and a craft. Children will have their own basket of supplies to be used throughout the morning. Our preschoolers will also be given the opportunity to have some free play with toys that have been sanitized before use. There will be no snacks served at this time.
- Pick Up: When the service is over, one parent will return to the Orange Lobby registration table with the pick-up tag. Our team will then use a radio call system to alert classroom guides to bring your child back to you. We will match your pick-up tag to their name tag and, once verified, will release your child to your care.
- Wellness Policy: Now, more than ever, we will be adhering strictly to our wellness policy. Should your child have any of these symptoms 24 hours before Sunday morning, email KidStep to let us know you will not be coming to church. If anyone in your household contracts COVID-19, please notify KidStep immediately. When we are made aware of such a situation, we will keep the family details in confidence and we will notify all families who had potential exposure. The KidStep tower will be closed until CDC cleaning and disinfecting guidelines have been fulfilled.