Our mission is “Joining Children on their Spiritual Journey.” The purpose of KidStep is to intentionally focus on ways that we can help children from birth through fifth grade take next steps of faith.
Click here for the latest newsletter for KidStep Children's Ministry.
Sunday Worship & Weekly Fun
Take advantage of the Sabbath together as a family with resources including age-appropriate worship songs, activities, and videos that go along with the main online service.
Easter Activity and Subscription Box
To prepare our hearts for Easter, KidStep has a Holy Week Activity Bag that will be filled with special activities and devotionals for your family to walk through the week leading up to Easter! The Holy Week Activity Bag is for families whether they are choosing to do church virtually or on-site.
For our families who are joining us virtually, we also have the ability for you to register for the next subscription box. It will include all the activity pages, crafts, and corresponding materials for Sunday morning programming at home for Spring 2021! Please register for your family’s Holy Week Activity Bag and/or Subscription Box.
Baptism | February 7 and 14 | 9 AM | Room 302
Baptism is one way that KidStep Ministry can help children take next steps on their faith journeys. The two required classes will focus specifically on helping children understand the importance of baptism. Classes will be held on February 7 and 14 at 9 AM in room 302. If your child has expressed an interest in knowing more about baptism, attending these classes would be beneficial in helping them make a decision. One or both parents need to attend the classes with their child. Baptism will be recorded the week of February 28 and shared with the congregation on March 14. You can register your child for baptism classes here.
Did you know there is a group of volunteers at Hershey Free who provide meals to families who are welcoming new children into their homes? This program is a practical way to help during a big family transition. If you know of families preparing to add a new child through birth or adoption, or are interested in participating as a volunteer, contact Natasha Miller or Stacie Stroup.
Sundays at 10:30 AM
KidStep offers in-person programming on Sunday mornings for preschool and elementary kids (2-year olds thru grade 5) during the 10:30 AM service. All KidStep classes will be held in the 3-story wing (affectionately known as the KidStep Tower). Here is what you can expect in-person Sunday ministry to look like:
- Registration: You must register for the 10:30 AM KidStep classes. Class sizes are limited, please email KidStep if your child's class is full to be added to our waitlist. If, after registering, your family is no longer able to attend, please let us know by emailing KidStep so we can make every possible spot available.
- Pre-Check In: All KidStep children must wear a mask inside the church building, including while in their classrooms. Preschoolers will have a scheduled bathroom break, however, we ask that you also have them use the bathroom before dropping them off.
- Check In: When your family arrives on Sunday morning, have one parent come to the check-in station at the Orange Lobby outside the Kidstep Tower. This is the only check-in station for all children. At the registration table five things will happen:
- Every child will have a touchless temperature check;
- You will be asked a few basic health screening questions;
- A name tag will be given to each child and you will receive the matching pick-up tag;
- Children will use hand sanitizer;
- A guide will escort children to their classroom using a one-way traffic pattern. Parents will not be allowed into the KidStep tower.
- During Service: Children will stay in their assigned classroom throughout the entire service. Each classroom floor is equipped with Velcro squares to help kids maintain physical distancing. Our desire is for KidStep to continue to be a place for children to go deeper with Jesus, so during the service they will participate in worship, spiritual formation activities, a Bible lesson, and a craft. Children will have their own basket of supplies to be used throughout the morning. Our preschoolers will also be given the opportunity to have some free play with toys that have been sanitized before use. There will be no snacks served at this time.
- Pick Up: When the service is over, one parent will return to the Orange Lobby registration table with the pick-up tag. Our team will then use a radio call system to alert classroom guides to bring your child back to you. We will match your pick-up tag to their name tag and, once verified, will release your child to your care.
- Wellness Policy: Now, more than ever, we will be adhering strictly to our wellness policy. Should your child have any of these symptoms 24 hours before Sunday morning, email KidStep to let us know you will not be coming to church.
- During the Week: Every room, including all hard surfaces, will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
- COVID-19: If anyone in your household contracts COVID-19, please notify KidStep immediately. When we are made aware of such a situation, we will keep the family details in confidence and we will notify all families who had potential exposure. The KidStep tower will be closed until CDC cleaning and disinfecting guidelines have been fulfilled.