Follow along with the latest message
I’m influenced by my family….
“…for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sins of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.” (Exodus 20:5-6)
Negative Patterns in Abraham’s Family
Questions about my Family of Origin:
· How was conflict handled?
· How were emotions expressed?
· How did family members communicate with each other?
· Were any traumatic experiences a part of our story?
· What were our “family scripts”?
… but I don’t have to be imprisoned by my family.
"In those days people will no longer say, ‘the parents have eaten sour grapes, and the children’s teeth are set on edge.’ Instead, everyone will die for their own sin; whoever eats sour grapes – their own teeth will be set on edge.” (Jeremiah 31:29-30)
I am both a recipient and agent of:
· God's grace