January 24 Sermon Notes
Behind the Scenes
The book of Ruth shows the extraordinary impact of every day faithfulness.
Who is Ruth?
- Loyal and faithful (Ruth 1:14-16)
- Humble and trusting (Ruth 2:2-3, 8-13)
- Prepared and purposeful (Ruth 3:7-13)
- Redeemed and blessed (Ruth 4:6-10, 18-22)
- God is always faithful and we need to have faith.
- We have a Redeemer like Ruth, but our Redeemer redeems for eternity.
- Ask: How am I treating God?
- Am I waiting for him to act when I want or need him? Or am I going to him in faith knowing he will act?
- We don’t know God’s plan but we know his plan is always being worked out.